Are you ready to make the next career move? We are!
We are currently seeking a motivated and experienced Mac technician to help take us to the next level. If you are looking for a career, not just a job; something with flexibility and the opportunity to grow and contribute to a team, this could be for you.
The MacSpa is a boutique Apple-centric service provider established in LoDo since 2009. We offer a wide range of services for curious and connected people who use Apple and other technology on an everyday basis. We focus on educating and training our customers in a comfortable setting, staying up to date with the latest trends and technologies, and providing upgrades, maintenance, and consulting and IT services. The “spa” element is our signature style and approach to make technology less intimidating.
Rockstar Lead Mac Technician
The star candidate for this key position will be able to deliver and manage all our current technical services, keep our in-house technology and diagnostic tools maintained, as well as manage our business IT accounts, and manage the customer ticket queue on a daily basis. Not only do you need mad technical and troubleshooting skills and at least 3 years experience working with Macs (hardware and software from 2009-2016), you should also be friendly, cool under pressure, and be able to communicate complex concepts to clients and peers. Your natural leadership and passion for problem-solving will improve our processes and elevate our level of service.
You will be required to make onsite visits and regular communications with the clients you manage, so a love of people and social skills are a must! (Our customers are A+ by the way.) Specific certifications are not required–but are an added bonus–and we offer partial reimbursement for job-related trainings and certifications. Anything else you can bring to the table is welcome and can lead to making the business and yourself more money.
Compensation is negotiable, but will start with a base salary and a sales goal. After goals have been met, salary will be based on results, and increases as goals are exceeded. The team together is responsible for working toward those goals. Based on experience you can expect to start at $12-$18/hour with room to grow quickly into an unlimited earnings model. Cumulative paid time off, paid holidays, and flexible vacation time are included.
The position is full-time. Schedule will consist of shop time, scheduled onsite appointments, and flexible time for working on projects.
– lead proactive maintenance plans and and manage subscribers (training provided)
– provide friendly I.T. maintenance, networking, and tech support for high-end business clients (at our location, on-site at client location, and remote)
– generate and maintain friendly and proactive client relationships (especially b2b)
– provide professional, positive and productive client interactions at all times
– perform and manage hardware upgrades and maintenance for client computers, facilitate repairs (ticket queue)
– maintain in-house computers and systems
– provide estimates and quote/re-quote services as needed
– keep track of parts inventory, order parts and supplies as needed
– keep work area stocked, clean, and organized
– keep installers and diagnostic tools maintained and up-to-date
– set personal goals and collaborate with team to attain company goals
Skills and Requirements
– Apple Certified in hardware and software (a variety of certifications is acceptable and partial reimbursement is available for training if you do not hold a current certification.)
– MINIMUM 3 years experience with OS X and Mac hardware upgrades, troubleshooting, and repairs
– Attention to detail, diligence in note-taking, record-keeping, and process-mapping
– Ability to estimate jobs and provide best options for clients
– Cleanliness, organized, and good with priority/time management
– Excellent communication skills with customers and team members (face to face, email, and telephone)
– Works well alone and as part of a team
– Flexible to work in our office, from home, and on-site with clients
– Flexible to work occasionally after hours or Saturdays if requested
– Reliable mode of transportation & current driver’s license (required for client visits, Car2Go account is also provided)
– Desire to think outside the box, go above and beyond, grow with our company, bring your best to the table, and be part of the best Mac support team in Denver!
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, please send a message to Amy with answers to the following questions and your contact information.
1. Tell us about your Mac/Apple experience and why you prefer working with these products.
2. What makes this position a good fit for you?
3. What would you get out of working in the environment described here?
4. What are 3 strengths you could bring to us?
5. What do you need from us to be successful?
6. Is there anything you would like to add?
We look forward to hearing from you!