VOICES Mobile Film Festival Celebrates The Inspiring Voices of Women
Denver, CO (January 13) – The Denver Film Society’s Women+Film VOICES Film Festival and The MacSpa, announce the VOICES Mobile Film Festival to run in conjunction with the VOICES Film Festival March 18 – March 23, 2014 at the Sie FilmCenter.
Sharing moments from our everyday lives via our mobile phone has become routine. Mobile phones are now in the hands of over 6 billion people worldwide. Not only are there billions of people with mobile phones, there are A billion + people with an interesting story to tell. VOICES Film Festival and The MacSpa encourage you to find inspiration in all that is around you, embrace the technology that has become so ubiquitous in our lives and make a mobile film!
Create a film no longer than 2 minutes, shot on a mobile device. Incorporate into your film the tag-line – Use Your Voice for Change or Our Voices Can Make a Difference. It can be about a woman who inspires you, about women with a great story to tell, or if you just have something you want to say, say it!
The Rules Are:
- Shoot on a mobile device, such as the iPhone, Android, iPod Touch, iPad, etc.
- Final length may NOT EXCEED 2 minutes.
- You can use software of your choice to edit video and audio.
- You can use software of your choice for color correction or special effects.
- You can and we encourage you to use external microphones, wide-angle lens, tripod, dolly, etc.
- Misuse of copyrighted material not allowed, use your best judgment.
A jury from The MacSpa will evaluate entries and the top 20 films will play as a shorts package during the VOICES Film Festival March 18 – 23, 2014. To look at last years entries, go to: http://vimeo.com/album/1906435
This is supposed to be fun! Take the opportunity to expand your skills!
THE MACSPA MINI FILM FEST PREP COURSE
- The MacSpa specializes in training for you and your Mac, iPad, and iPhone. As a sponsor of the Voices Mobile Film Festival contest they are offering informational meetings and training sessions to help make your entry shine
- Participants will be offered 3 informational and training sessions for a discounted rate of $60 to assist with their video projects.
- Participants are not required but are encouraged to take these discounted courses in order to help make their entries great.
- In these sessions participants will learn the specifics of making a movie on a mobile device, including importing, editing, adding sound and voiceover, audio and video quality, what equipment to use, and other tips and techniques. In this group setting, participants will be able to ask questions, get ideas, and share information with other participants.
- Participants will also have access to buy or rent special equipment for mobile devices such as microphones, lenses, or tripods.
- Saturday, January 25/10:45am – 11:15am (starts promptly) Informational meeting for the Mobile Film Fest – come get the low-down and ask any questions you may have.
- Saturday, January 25/11:30am-12:30pm (starts promptly) The MacSpa Mobile Moviemaking Workshop – The MacSpa will be hosting a workshop on shooting and editing on your mobile devices, with a focus on Apple products. Bring your iPhone, iPads, etc for this fun and enlightening workshop.
- Sunday, March 23 – 11am-12:30pm (starts promptly) – The MacSpa Mobile Moviemaking Workshop – The MacSpa will host a 2nd workshop during Voices Film Festival. Same concept as first one. Bring your Apple devices and learn how to shoot and edit your own movies.
- RSVP to [email protected]
ABOUT THE DENVER FILM SOCIETY:
Founded in 1978, the Denver Film Society (DFS) is a membership-based, nonprofit cultural institution that produces film events throughout the year, including the award-winning Starz Denver Film Festival and the popular, summertime series Film on the Rocks. With a vision to cultivate community and transform lives through film, the DFS provides opportunities for diverse audiences to discover film through creative, thought-provoking experiences. The new, permanent home of the Denver Film Society, the Sie FilmCenter is Denver’s only year-round cinematheque, presenting a weekly-changing calendar of first-run exclusives and arthouse revivals both domestic and foreign, narrative and documentary – over 600 per year, all shown in their original language and format. DFS’s one-of-a-kind programs annually reach more than 200,000 film lovers and film lovers-in-training.